Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Girls, I'm begging you.

I didn't start this blog to get all preachy on you. I just wanted to share some ideas, maybe a few stories, point out a few absurdities. But sometimes there needs to be some preaching.

I'm not the kind of friend who will quietly pretend to not notice the food stuck in your teeth all night. I'll try to be discreet about it—but you can be assured that I will tell you.

What I'm about to say probably does not even apply to you at all. But if you are in regular contact with single Mormon girls, I can almost bet that you know what I'm talking about.

What I'm about to say is not even close to being new. You've heard it a billion times. But clearly, it has not set in for some. So let it be said again.

GET A LIFE!!!!

Too many times girls give guys too much control over their lives.

Or, as is probably more common, girls let their marital status have too much control over their lives.

I see too many single Mormon girls whose self worth is entirely tied to their relationship status. They float around the country from one random job to another, just hoping that the new location will be the place where they finally find “the one.”

Sometimes I just wanna shake them and say: Hey! Pretend for a minute that you're NEVER gonna get married. Now what do you really wanna do with your life? Figure it out and go do it!

That's all. I will now step down from my soap box. :)


PS It turns out that blogging while traveling abroad is more difficult than I'd anticipated. Finding a decent internet connection, time, energy, etc. Quite the challenge. I'm not gonna bore you with my apologies or promises to do better. The truth is—I probably won't get to blog this summer nearly as much as I would like. But I can promise that I do plan to keep the blog going long term. So, add me to your reader, check back periodically, shoot me an email, whatever. But do stay with me, my lovely single sisters! While I may be hopping all over the globe, my blog is staying right here.

3 comments:

suvi said...

and a life doesn't mean watching loads of girly movies with your roommates.

have fun traveling! Find a nice romance to regale us with!

4th Grade Chickadees said...

I hear you on that one! do you think maybe it's part of the culture to perpetuate these crazy-intense crushes and center your life around marriage, especially because it sounds like a common problem?

Miss Priss Morgan said...

These girls make me soooo mad!!! I have numerous accounts of this type of girl. I wish someone would give a lesson in RS or something just to wake up these desperados.