Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What are the chances?

Remember OS?

So the other day I just happened to run into his father. In a freakin' foreign country. And not even the same country where I'd known him and his family before. Seriously, how is this even possible? Totally blows my mind. It's one of those situations where you can't help but wonder if it's more than a coincidence.

It was kind of an awkward encounter. I hadn't seen him since I ended things with his son a couple of years ago.

I really, really wanted to ask him how his son was doing. But how could I?

Did I mention I still think about OS sometimes? We were so compatible in very unique, yet important ways.

I guess you could say I do have regrets. And yet, I really did what I thought was best at the time. Can we ever do more than that?

4 comments:

4th Grade Chickadees said...

Oh man. I still think about guys I've dated that I really connected with but had to end things for one reason or another. I'm glad you still think about OS so I don't feel so weird still thinking about my own past flames.

Anonymous said...

So explain why you don't want to rekindle this relationship again? I read your posts and all I got was that you didn't want a long distance thing. What I miss?

suvi said...

i do the same. those unbidden thoughts...

we've all heard the stories of people dating, breaking up, and a while (short or long) later they get back together and it is amazing because they are finally in the right place (emotionally, physically, spiritually).

I say, reevaluate! Maybe mostly because I recently ran into an ex and i wish that he would...

whyimstillsingle said...

Anon,

It was more than just that it would be a long distance relationship. The fact was that I just didn't feel that into him. He seemed so perfect in so many ways, but there just wasn't much of a spark. No chemistry. But sometimes I wonder if it would be there now. Who knows!