Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Duck update

Duck beach was perfect. To all the naysayers—Duck is what you make of it. I had a fabulous time this year, even though I'm not a big fan of large parties. Great beaches. Great houses. Great friends. Great food. Great memories.

I love the beach. I love actually being able to see the stars at night. I love quiet roads with minimal traffic. I love having sand all over everything. I love being barefoot. I love eating on balconies with ocean views. I love sunshine on my skin. I love my friends.

Now for the recap. I do apologize, but for the sake of anonymity I can't really get into more specific details than these:

So, I mostly behaved myself. Gorgeous guy I'd gone out with a couple times awhile back made a reappearance. I succumbed to letting him attach himself to me for most of the weekend. I definitely do not need to date this guy, but fortunately, he lives in another state for the time being. This means that when it's time to say goodbye and he gets all cute, running his fingers through my hair and telling me how much he likes me, I can get away with just smiling and saying, “I've missed you.” Which was sorta true. I really enjoy spending time with him. And, call me superficial, it definitely helps that he's so easy on the eyes. But he's not right for me. And I'm glad to not have to make a decision about whether or not to go against my better judgment and let something more substantial happen between us.

I'm pretty sure that Beyond-a-Second-Date Boy and I just aren't happening. I'm sad about this because I wanted it to work. See, unlike this other guy, BSDB actually would be good for me. We got together for a little bit this weekend and had a nice chat. But that's all it was—just some pleasant banter. No depth, no excitement, no spark. I think we could be friends, though. Maybe.

Last thing. DBB still has my number. I'll just leave it at that for now.

3 comments:

suvi said...

Yay! i'm glad DB was great. You aren't superficial, as you said, it's hard to resist on a beautiful beach. From the reviews from friends on DB, i might just give it a shot next year.

Sorry to hear about BSDB! it stinks when that connection doesn't happen, but i'm sure something will work soon...

4th Grade Chickadees said...

I know what you mean about seeing stars at night after living in a big city- i LOVE a nice beach vacation away from Boston now and then! I too have found myself recently in a situation in which there is a boy with potential, good chats, good match, but I just don't feel a spark! And I also want to try and be friends with him.

whyimstillsingle said...

S- So glad you're thinking about Duck next year! It's really a ton of fun. As crazy or as chill as you wanna make it.

C- Yeah, that whole "just be friends" thing only seems to work if he's also not feeling the spark. Otherwise he's not gonna be so happy. Just sayin. :)