Monday, May 4, 2009

This is getting personal.

I really appreciated Anonymous's comment on Saturday. Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks about/struggles with these things.

I'm not really sure why I originally started this blog. Unlike many personal blogs, this blog is not intended to be a means for my friends and family to keep track of my thoughts and activities.

On the contrary—I haven't told even a single friend or family member that I've started this blog.

I am completely, blissfully anonymous.

I'm hoping to keep it that way so that I don't end up offending anyone I know. Particularly, my “bad dates.” :)

Anyways, my point is that since this blog isn't for family and friends, I guess that actually makes it solely for blog stalkers! Yes, this means YOU.

So don't be shy. Say hello! Solidarity is good.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it freak you out then if I felt I had a pretty good idea of who you were? If I'm right, I'm sure I'll never know, but I swear I won't tell a soul:)

whyimstillsingle said...

Anonymous,

Ooh, I'm so intrigued. And am I really that obvious? :)

Curiosity is gonna kill me! Shoot me an email at whyimstillsingle (at) gmail. Or leave a comment with what you think my initials are. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

J.H. Oooh, I'm so glad you're playing along. I was worried you wouldn't. So tell me, am I right?

whyimstillsingle said...

Phew. Major relief! That's definitely not me and I promise I would've told you if you had nailed it.

But maybe you should tell this JH that she should become a co-writer on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

She must read your blog and totally stole some of your ideas... I guess I should have known you wouldn't be that obvious that someone could figure it out. Happy annonymous blogging to you:)

whyimstillsingle said...

Or, more likely, I'm probaby just not that original. :)

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a bit late commenting on this post but I just recently found your blog.
I frequently speak of similar dating issues on my blog and have the initials of J.H. Wonder if Anonymous #1 is talking about me? I swear I didn't steal any of my topics from you! However, I'm pretty dang sure we've dated some of the same guys.

Mollie said...

I'm loving this blog! You might enjoy some of my perspectives as well. Keep up the good work!

Kristen said...

I didn't realize I had started a blog! ;) J/K. Your thoughts and experiences are so close to mine that since finding it yesterday I have decided I need to follow - if for nothing else than to remember I'm not the only upper 20's mo-singleton. HOpe you don't mind. :)

whyimstillsingle said...

Thank you, ladies, for giving me the energy to keep the blog going!