Monday, November 2, 2009

...it happened in a small Cantina...

Ladies and gentlemen, I have met StillSingle. I told her I was going to write about it, and maybe she will from her perspective too.

It was a simple encounter, no big deal, but since she invited me to participate on her blog, I figured if given the chance, I had to take it. I'm SO glad I did.

We met at a little Mexican food place and had some lunch. We talked the WHOLE time, which is always nice - nothing worse than hanging out with a person who can't hold up their end of a conversation. It was very natural, she is a very easy person to talk to - 1 point. I don't know if we flirted or anything like that, but it felt like maybe we were - it wasn't forced at all so it may or may not have occurred - so, being able to act naturally on a "date" - 1 point. Maybe it was So natural because it wasn't really a date, date. Who knows, all I know is we could have talked for hours if we'd had time. Physical attraction for me was definitely there. SS has a smokin little body (no disrespect ladies, it's just true) and she is very attractive - even better than her pictures, and those are pretty good - 1 point. I had to be VERY deft in checking her out, given the recent posts about boob-staring, and I think I did ok - she really is very attractive so I might have gotten caught lingering just a little too long. If she did catch me, she didn't let on, so thanks SS! :-D Now whether or not she was attracted to me, she'll have to tell you if she wants, it won't change my assessment one bit either way. Oh, and she actually ate her lunch, good sign that she's not afraid to just be herself (and the food is really good at this place) so - 1 point. I'm not sure what else I can give her points for???

After our lunch, I couldn't help but think, "Why is she still single?!?!?!" Ironic, eh? And the only thing I can come up with is she intimidates guys because she has SO much going for her (and she lives in a place with such a small population of LDS guys that the challenge is magnified 100x). I don't know that she and I would be dating even if we didn't live 2500 miles apart, I don't like to assume anything, but this kind of woman is SO attractive, not just physically but intellectually as well. I mean no amount of hotness can make up for lack of personality, and here is a woman that seemingly has it all?!?! Granted, we only hung out for an hour but I was impressed. I hope none of you are puking yet because I'm being overly complimentary or anything, I'm just giving my raw, unfiltered impressions. SS is a fantastic girl with everything going for her. She has one weird obsession (which we talked about a lot, and I find fascinating but in no way want to take part in ;-) ), which I won't divulge in case it gives away who she is, but even that isn't a deal-breaker, really. So overall, I'd reiterate my statement from my original post - the LDS guys in her area that aren't beating down her door to date her, are CRAZY!

It takes a rare guy to be OK with having a woman in his life who is smarter and possibly more successful than himself. It's a rare guy who's ego doesn't get in the way of a great relationship because he isn't the "provider" for his GF/wife, whatever. For me, I look for that - I look for a person who can challenge me intellectually (not that I'm Einstein, but I like to TALK and talk about things that are interesting and happening in the world, etc.) and doesn't NEED me to provide for her! I will totally do my part, but the "need" factor ruins things for me, perhaps more on this in another post... In my opinion and for me, that allows things to be much more natural and organic as the relationship grows, rather than trying to force something because of pre-conceived societal or religious norms.

I will admit after all of that, that there is a certain level of intrigue knowing who SS is and having met her that makes her all the more attractive - the little bit of mystery makes it SO fun. Thanks for going to lunch with me SS, I enjoyed it thoroughly!!! Hope we can do it again sometime on your turf. :-)

14 comments:

me said...

Oh yeah...it takes a confident man who is NOT a control freak to have a triple threat......
A confident man is IN control..not controlling...

For her to feel safe she needs him to be strong and assuring....

Kudos to you darlin....screw em if they cant keep up...

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled on this blog and after about 15 LONG minutes of reading several of the posts (and knowing I'll never get those 15 minutes back), I think this is the DUMBEST blog I've come across lately.

Especially this post--who cares? Are you that much of an idiot that you can't just tell this girl that you are into her or the very least you find her attractive? Instead you go on with blah, blah, blah and think readers will find this remotely interesting?

You should have just emailed this little gem to her personally--because that is apparently who you wrote it for.

anonymous said...

Sorry to have offended your sensibilities, but I'm a big boy and can handle criticism, it's all good. If you don't find it interesting, I'll come up with some more psycho date stories for you, I've got plenty of them :-)

Oh, and I did tell her all this personally, I just thought some of her readers might be interested, I guess one of you wasn't ;-)

alex dumas said...

Only 1 point for hotness?

Bailey said...

I can't stand when people post rude comments anonymously. It makes sense though, rude people are never really brave enough to take what they dish out. Whatevs. Good to see things went well.

whyimstillsingle said...

Hmm...that makes 4 points. Is that enough for a prize? :)

anonymous said...

No big deal about the negative posts, you can't please all the people all the time.

SS, 4 points is all you CAN get apparently, you definitely get a prize.

I'm more curious about what the 5 people think is "way off." That always intrigues me. It's like people who hit the "like" button on FB. Really? What exactly do you like about the post?

whyimstillsingle said...

I know...FIVE people checked "way off"?! I'm pretty sure that's the most there's ever been. And just for recounting our lunch date? What's up with that? Maybe we're just accumulating more trolls?

anonymous said...

Maybe that I like smart women? Or maybe they don't like Mexican food.

Ru said...

Eh, the "way off" people are just in the bitter barn that a boy likes SS. I think they're the kind of people who only want to hear tragic dating stories so it validates their own tragic stories.

Come on, you know it's true ...

Anonymous said...

Well, since SS doesn't seem to be giving up the east coast life anytime soon, I will volunteer to give A a run for his money. I just got back from my east coast experience and am currently looking for a man who is OK with these types of women here in Utah. I did the math, and 2500 miles from NY is Utah. SS am I allowed to do this?

whyimstillsingle said...

A, where are you? This girl wants to go out with you! ;)

anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anonymous said...

Hmmm, I didn't really jump on this blog with SS to find dates and it's probably not a good idea to let anyone local know who I am if I want to keep writing. But is my writing that good anyway? Oh the quandary!

I would have to do some serious FB stalking anyway, I don't do blind dates - nothing but disasters in the past :-)