Saturday, May 22, 2010

Irritation you have all been there

by AGB


Well fellow bloggers, I hit some snags in my wonderful new way of life. It cant all be rainbows and fuzzy animals can it? I figured since I was up and not doing anything I would share with you my frustrations at the dating life.

Recently I got the Activity card played on me. Not just once but a couple of times. You know your a great guy but your not active enough for me card. I have severe asthma, I don't do a lot of strenuous activities like bike rides and running. I really dont want to fall over dead from an asthma attack, I take care of my self to insure I don't. Ive been in ICU more times than I like to count though out my life, and am alive today because of prayer and fasting. With that said it hits a little hard to be told, I dont like you because you dont jog/bike ride/boat. I wouldn't feel insulted if these girls were full bore athletes. I have several friends that run in marathons, triathlons, you name it. Those women I would never be compatible with because honestly we are too far different, I couldn't keep up. What frustrate me the most is that they really are not all that active themselves. Its like I am in high school again and all the ladies are after the jocks. FRUSTRATING

Tonight I just got called by one of my brothers. He had seen I had commented on a picture of an old time friend. He wanted to know what was the scoop with her. This wouldnt be bad except he never calls me to see how I am doing. In fact its been months since I had last heard from him yet my dating life is his primary concern. Any single person can tell you there are a few questions of death some one can ask. The ones where you want to just chew through metal because it hits a huge sore spot yet you know they are just being concerned. I never know how to properly respond to these questions. Tonight I just told my brother the truth, she just a friend will never be anything more. Not because of me but because she just not interested. Awkward silence ensued and in 3 minutes I was off the phone. Thanks bro I needed a reminder I am still single.


as a side note there is something positive. A good friend of mine introduced me to a really nice single mother. We are in the talking stage right now. I have high hopes on this one. I am trying not to get to excited because we haven't gone on a date. Its all still in the beginning. Will she throw me into the dating pool or the never escaping friend zone? I dont know I can only keep trying and being happy.

3 comments:

Tierra Wakefield said...

You may be right on about this, but I hate to say that it's probably not really that you're not active enough. Especially if she's not really that active herself. She's just trying to find a nicer way of saying that she doesn't like you. She could either say, "You're not active enough" or "I don't like you." Most people would go for the soft blow. Remember though, there's nothing wrong when someone doesn't like you. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, there's just something wrong with you and her together. This is gonna sound silly, but go watch "500 Days of Summer." Now.

Shelby said...

I doubt it is either. It is still frustrating though. ill check out the movie though thanks

Chas Hathaway said...

I have family members who are in the same boat, and their singlehood can be a touchy subject. The funny thing is, some beg me for set-ups and others beg me not to. I guess the key to setting people up is to find out first how they feel about setups. If someone is in favor of being set up, the setter up should find out their preferred method before going ahead.

When I was dating, I insisted that the setter up arrange everything so that all I have to do is show up and pay for the date. I knew others that would say, "just give me her number and tell her I'll call."

But then again, I think it's harder to get set up by family than anyone else. I'm not sure why that is - maybe because their more likely to bug you about it, I don't know.

Of course, now I'm just rambling...

Chas