Thursday, April 29, 2010

AGB - Its beautiful day

By AGB aka Shelby

Hello again fellow bloggers. I asked SS to allow me to write my exploits on my continued quest to find that perfect lady. I have to say I have made a break through. No I’m not married nor am I in a relationship. I have arrived at some simple truths. These may be clichéd but they work.

First let me tell you about the negative so you understand the positive. I am one of those people that have put my self-esteem on being able to be married. At 34 that looks pretty grim. Ive felt horrible, looked horrible. Mr Unhappy man was my middle name! Depression was second only to loneliness in my world. Boy did it show. I was wrought with worry and hoping beyond hoping that Id meet that special someone. It was on my every thought. It was in my every deed. It was carried over to everything. In fact it has kept me from blogging here because I was soooo negative. I was desperate.

But a few months ago I remembered a scripture I learned in seminary. “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” (proverbs 3:5) I decided to apply that scripture and put it on the lord to find someone and lean not to my own understanding. This has made me free to not hurt so bad and let happen what will happen. When I talk to a lady now, I’m more relaxed. I’m not stressing over does she like me? Is she into me?

Happiness begins where one ends. I have taken a new outlook. I am gonna be happy no matter what. This fellow bloggers is hard, really hard to do. “Think bad thoughts is really the easiest thing in the world. If you leave your mind to itself it will spiral down into ever increasing unhappiness. To think good thoughts, however, requires effort. This is one of the things that discipline - training - is about. (James Clavell, in his novel "Shogun") This is a key piece to the puzzle. When you are happy then it shows. Bloggers make this a commitment.

Now my success, I have had more dates this past month than I have in the last 4 years. Honestly they have been bad dates (im out of practice!). I do know though that it doesn’t matter because 1 the lord knows my heart and 2 no matter what I am happy. I hope everyone can do these few things!

2 comments:

Mechanica said...

I think that is cool! Marriage doesn't automatically mean a person will stop being depressed and will be happy all the time. Happiness is something we have to work on no matter what stage of life we are in. There are challenges in both being single and in being married. Everyone needs to figure out for themselves how to be happy and make the best of the challenges. Happiness is in the journey not the destination.
I am glad you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Great post!