Saturday, October 17, 2009

Flowers

So I went back to read all the comments on the Jake/Andrea story and remembered something. In my last post I mentioned that several years ago I had also been dumped for being “too good.” I hadn't thought about it in a long time, but just today I went back and tried to remember how the dumping had actually played out.

And then I started laughing. You know how Jake got Andrea flowers the night he dumped her? Yeah, my guy did the same thing! A beautiful mix including 2 fantastic stargazer lilies. I can't believe I had forgotten about this. And this was after taking me out to a nice dinner.

Guys, save your money! Flowers and dinner do not soften the blow.

Oh, and then we still ended up having random make-outs for the next 3 months or so until he—thankfully—moved away. Ugh, why did I let him get away with that?

Oh yeah, I'm human. And he was an awesome kisser.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

The kind of guy who dumps a girl because she's "too good for him" is tired of feeling like crap about himself and feeling inadequate all of the time. Understood.

My last boyfriend was much smarter, better read, and better educated than I. And he ultimately dumped me partly for that reason. I, on the other hand, tried to become better educated and better read because he inspired me in that way. What I can't believe is that Jake made his feelings of inadequacy HER problem when he's the one who is inadequate. She's better off without some guy who can't suck up his own issues and blame himself. He definitely should have broken up with her, but he should have used some responsibility.

me said...

my last post was partially in response to the jake andrea thing too.......I have done the "your too sweet" thing myself and let one or two go...but I was very sincere and no...no flowers......Im glad I did because ultiomately we were not compatible.....

HOWEVER I do have some balls and would never have called her back for makeout sessions for three months......thats just........weak....

whyimstillsingle said...

Haha. Thanks, Trey. It does take 2 to tango, though. I didn't have to let him back in...