Saturday, April 11, 2009

I hate commitment.

Probably the only thing in life I can commit to is my hatred of commitment. I'm totally committed to hating commitment.


Ask me if I can join you for something this Friday. “Uh. . .not sure yet. Get back to me Friday afternoon.” Ask me which hotel we should book for an upcoming trip. “Can't we just wait till we get there and see what's there?” Ask me what I want to have for dinner tomorrow night. “Let's just hit restaurant row and see what we feel like.”

You get the idea. Commitment's hard for me.

But something tells me I'm not alone among mo-singles. You all get those fb invites. How many of you, without even thinking about it, go straight for the “Maybe” button? Mm hmm, that's right. So no judging.


If I can't commit to spending a few hours with you a few days in advance, how am I gonna commit to spending my ENTIRE LIFE with you? You see the dilemma.


Just the first of many reasons that “such a cute girl” can be single into her late 20s. Sorry, Mom. Someone else is gonna have to give you those grandkids you've been wanting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously. I hate party planning for Mormons. You never know if you're going to get 10 people or 110.

catharooni said...

we are totally never going to be vacation buddies. i not only have the hotel, but a few activities planned before takeoff.

but i get you on the relationship committing side ... REST OF MY LIFE? TIME AND ALL ETERNITY?? that's a loooooooooong time.

Unknown said...

YES I get this... you need to keep your options open! <3 this blog!

Anonymous said...

Seems like you let your emotions/moods dictate your actions. You need to keep them managed if you want to have a happy life... I am similar, I don't like to be held to any schedule I didnt make for myself ever! And, even if i did make it...i hate being held to anything. But I am like you and need to realize this world isnt about me, and I dont want to be a slave to my emotions and what I 'feel' like in the moment. Start off my making small commitments, and go from there. That's what I have done. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

you and me BOTH!! i hate it !!!!!!!!! lol